Sunday 17 October 2010

What is art?

As a photographer I'm involved in the artistic community as much as a painter would and I am most definitely not afraid to call myself an artist. But I've grown to hate the word art. I believe it's a word that is far to general in the definition. Art is always defined as a creative way to show imagination and perhaps to convey a message.
This is art!
This is art...?
Recently, art is being defined by people as using paint and a cavas to picture something with only a few recognising photography, literature, music and even digital painting. As a photographer I'm angry and a bit worried about this change in definition. I'm no longer considered an artist anymore and I think this causes for irrational behaviour:

Ban the word 'art'!

In all seriousness though, what comes to mind when I say 'art'?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please be treat all commenters with respect and many thanks for commenting!