Monday 1 November 2010

The Dark North

I've always seen my photography as a hobby and less of a skill of showing accross emotion or an idea and I kicked myself not to get a horror shot in time for Hallowe'en but I did take a photo a while ago which only now have I seen the works I can do with it. This is a shot I took to the Angel of the North:


This kind of portrayal came about from what the artist, Antony Gormley had said about the piece:
"People are always asking, why an angel? The only response I can give is that no-one has ever seen one and we need to keep imagining them."
I see angels as the type of creatures which will come up and eat you up for dinner. My thoughts on an evil angel are probably not unique but I can say that I agree with Gormley and say that people should continue to imagine the angel and the images that they can make.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please be treat all commenters with respect and many thanks for commenting!